Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Vintage Finds of the Week #11: Campfire Tin, Depression Era Pottery, Cast Iron Banks and More!

 
I don't know what it is about summer but the
days just fly by so fast.
 
We must be having a ton of fun!
 
Check out the treasures we found this week:
 
 
 
 
This "CAMPFIRE" Marshmallows tin
says it all, doesn't it?
 
Summer. Fun.
 
I spotted this tin and couldn't
believe how cool it was.
I'm afraid it might be
a repro or something!
I am usually not this lucky.

 
 
 
 
And then my hubby found another wonderful item....
 
A beautiful gift book "Letters from Browning" ...
be still my vintage lovin' heart!

 
Just look at the chromo lithograph illustrations.
I love the pink roses. (Of course!)

 
This little book is from 1846.
Beau's Valentine Writer.
Apparently Beau felt he was
the only one who could
write romantic verse well!
 
 I might just keep it on hand
for handy reference!

 
The hubby brought these home.
Matching lion cast iron banks?
 
Hmmmm.
 
I'm thinking possible bookends!
 

This is really cool.
I think it is a Westinghouse
Hall Pottery teapot or pitcher.
May have come with a
Westinghouse appliance.
 
I love the lines in the design.
Very 1930's/Early 1940's.
 
It looks like a bird sitting
 on a wire to me.
Does anyone else see that?
 
 
 
And also for your vintage
kitchen... how about
 "The Joy of Cooking?"
From the looks of it...
someone enjoyed cooking, a lot!
 

 
I loved this deep red tray
with hand painted roses
as soon as I saw it.
The hubby wanted me
to pass it on by.

I am glad I didn't!
 
The wooden spools were
a great find. I love to
wrap vintage lace around
them and sell them
in bundles according to size.
 
And the tin globe was a
happy find. But then I wasn't
too happy when I got home
and saw there were many
dents in it! The hubby popped
most of them back out so
I'm sure I can still sell it,
but for a lower price. 
 
 
And then of course, in my last post, I shared this
 curio cabinet and the fabulous deal we received.

 Now it displays my crystal.
 
 I'd love to hear what
you've been busy with or what you
found... drop me a line!
 
Enjoy the day!
 
Linking with:
 

7 comments:

Audrey said...

Really great finds. Glad you did not pass on that red tray ... it is beautiful.

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

The marshmallow tin is my favorite. I have the same one, just the taller version. LOVE it!

Rue said...

Hi Jillian :)

Great finds as always! Those books are wonderful and that tin... I hope it's the real thing.

My mom had a curio cabinet just like that when I was a kid. It looks great with your crystal in it :)

xo,
rue

DD's Cottage said...

Great treasures you found! Good haul!

Unknown said...

Such great finds... I love the marshmallow can.Wooden spools are always great to display <3.The book is so darling,I found a similar one recently.
Have a great weekend.
Caroline

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

I don't think your campfire tin is a repro... looks legit to me! And had a little bank like that once :)
I have 1 gift book listed... 2 more to go (where DOES the time go?)

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I love all your treasures! So eclectic and fun!