Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Let's Talk Vintage #51: An Adirondack Apple Festival

 
Hello and Welcome to "Let's Talk Vintage!"
 
This is the place to share your latest finds,
 show us your vintage inspired projects,
wares, photos, family history, you name it!
 
If you love vintage then you've
 stopped at the right place.
 
This week I am sharing a few snapshots
of my weekend in the Adirondack
Mountains.
 
 
While hunting for vintage on Saturday morning, my friend and I heard some ladies talking about going to the local "Apple Festival."
 
My ears perked up and after we made
our purchases, we headed on over.
 
They were making apple cider
 and pie using the old apple/cider
 press you see in the top left corner
of my collage.


I thought it was awesome
that it was still in use. Even more
awesome was the cider
and the yummy treats for sale!
 

Then we checked out the rest
 of  the vendors and there
were some really fun booths.
 
 
From vintage inspired to hand made to
hand written, it was all spectacular!
And what beautiful, crisp,
clear Fall weather we had.
 
Of course I will share my finds
from that morning... later on this week!
 I just got back late yesterday
so I am going to keep this post short.
 
Let's just go ahead and check out
this week's features!
 
 

Sarah of Sadie Seasongoods shared
some "school inspired" projects
that will be sure to keep
you at the top of the class.
I loved this ruler clock! Brilliant!
 
 
had so many beautiful
vignettes in her post, I had
 a hard time choosing just one!
 
 
Tangle, shared her latest and very
unique estate  sale treasure.
If you haven't seen her post already,
can you guess what it is?
Really can't wait to see what she
does with it!


and  Linda of My Sweet Cottage not only

 shared her flower frog collection,
but she also gave some really
good info on them and how to
use them for the best centerpieces.


 
If you were featured, be
sure to grab the "My blog
was featured button!"
 
Now it's your turn:
 
Let's Talk Vintage!
 

16 comments:

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Love the sound of the apple cider - yum!
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

Rita C at Panoply said...

Love your collage, Jill. I have a friend whose mother hosts an apple butter making party each year in the eastern part of our state - near where my trip to yesteryear is linked here in your party. Your frame showing the hillside looks like WV!
Thanks for hosting us - love talking vintage!
Rita

Kameel huise tussen spore said...

Thanks for hosting such a wonderful get together.
Lots of blessings from Sunny South Africa

Sandi Magle said...

FIRST, Thanks for hosting...and I so could go for an apple cider donut after reading your post. Num, Sandi

Michelle said...

Thanks for featuring my estate sale find! Yesterday I saw on Facebook that my teenage daughter had been using it as a photo prop. (I warned the little ones to keep their hands off of it, but never thought I had to tell HER not to stand in it. )

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thanks so much for the party!

Hugs,
Deb

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Oh, I want to go to an Apple Festival! I just love those things in the Fall. We have a local Apple Cider Mill that offers fresh cider, apples, home made donuts and lots of gifty food and items. It is a must visit in the Fall. I have already been and it sure helps getting in the spirit of Fall!

Unknown said...

MMM, bet that cider was even better coming out of that vintage press! Thanks for hosting have a fabulous week.

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Thank you Jillian for Lets Talk Vintage 51. Love Fall Weather, hot days, cold nights right now.

Diana said...

What a fun week-end, Jill! I might be headed up to the Adirondacks this week-end to the "World's Largest Garage Sale" in Warrensburg. Have you ever been? It's a fun day. My father built a cider press when we were kids so we always had fresh cider (in season)--delicious! Thanks so much for hosting--

Heidi | Mysweetcottage.com said...

Jill, thank you so much for featuring my flower frog collection!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

The apple festival sounds so fun! Hubby and I are headed to New England on the 11th and I can't wait! Really great features this week.
hugs,
Jann

Deanies Stash said...

I think your apple festival is very similar to the one in our town which will take place in about 2 weeks. Thanks for all the inspiration and for hosting each week!

Dianne

Victoria said...

I don't eat sweets very often but when I do, I love freshly made Apple Fritters...yum! I went with one of my son's on a field trip to an apple orchard years ago, it was one of my favorite field trips:)

Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel Vintage said...

So nice to join in the party this week. Thanks for hosting! Apple Festivals are so much fun.

My thrift store addiction said...

Hi Jillian, the apple festival sounds fun! Thank you for hosting!