Friday, September 11, 2015

Vintage Finds of the Week #18: From Vintage Christmas to McCoy Pottery

This week, being shortened by Labor Day on Monday, has just flown by and I am finding myself really behind in my work and projects!

Last weekend we went to a couple of sales and found some nice things. Our best finds were unexpected, at a very surprisingly good sale.


I don't think I've ever been able to find a nice McCoy piece like the double yellow tulip vase. It would look so pretty as the centerpiece in a spring time tablescape. I will be selling it though, although I would love to save it for spring!


The same sale produced some of my favorites: antique books! I must have bought seven or eight books. Still trying to figure out why I love antique books so much?



Other treasures include some bisque dolls, pansy teacup, classic children's books, a sewing basket and a small white cupboard.

And we are still finding awesome Christmas pieces... it could take me a few weeks to get everything
I have saved from sales this summer, listed. I just love the three Christmas salt and pepper sets we found... and the little putz houses, too.

I'd better start soon with holiday inventory! I may have to cut back on some blog posts in order to do this. (I'll still be doing Let's Talk Vintage! every Tuesday, however. Love
my LTV days.)


We also found several great vintage games: Anagrams, Dig, Rook, Old Maid, and another called Muldoon. Never heard of Muldoon before. Anyone ever play it? It's not old, but the little cards with text on them could be fun for crafting.



Another favorite is the spice drawers,
plus, not shown, an antique sewing machine.
 
A successful hunt. By the
looks of my office,  I'm
all stocked up for winter!
 
How about you? What did
you find this week? I'd
love to hear about it!
 
Enjoy your weekend!
 
Linking with:
Pink Saturday
Vintage Inspiration Party
What's It Wednesday

3 comments:

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Oh you did find some wonderful goodies! I love the McCoy piece and vintage games...especially Anagrams!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I just recently found a set of bisque dolls that look like relatives of yours. I love the spice drawers, too!

Anne's Attic - Design said...

I had a ballerina just like that when I was very young. Wonder where she went? So fun to see her again. Jo